RUEDA COMBO is a general term for combining different structures at the same time.
A Rueda Combo typically a consists of two (or more) circles, one inside the other and the inner circle dancing por fuera. One or both of the circles may switch to Rueda espejo, Rueda contratiempo or some other basic structure. Another possibile combo setup is to have 3 circles, and maybe also an Ábaco inside. The second circle may dance por fuera or espejo, to add a challenge.
With two circles it is also possible to issue different commands to the two circles by addressing the circles as interior and exterior. Some possibilities are:
- Calling a command only to one of the circles, i.e. exterior un fly
- Calling different commands to the two cirlces, i.e. exterior Tumba Francesa, interior familia
- a command with slight variations to the two cirlces, i.e. festival de pelota, exterior con vuelta
Rueda combo has a social angle. The idea is that the rules should not be more complicated than what Rueda dancers may pick up on the fly without any other specific knowledge than that of the basic social Rueda structures.
A very nice advantage with Rueda combo in a social setting is that you can have the more experienced dancers in one circle, and add more complexity to that circel. That way everyone can dance together and have a challenge at the same time, for example if the inner circle is dancing espejo + por fuera and the outer circle is dancing regular Rueda de casino.
Some possible Rueda Combo setups:
- 2 circles: Rueda de casino (exterior), Rueda por fuera (interior)
- 2 circles + Ábaco: Rueda de casino (exterior), Rueda de casino (interior), Ábaco (centro)